Caretaker tips (for the first 24 hours):
- The patient may be very sleepy or very alert, so it’s important to stay with them throughout the first 24 hours.
- They might have difficult walking after sedation, so assist them gently.
- Ensure that the patient does not operate a motorized vehicle, machinery or hazardous device.
- Do not let the patient go up/down stairs unattended.
- Ensure that the patient drink plenty of fluids.
- Call us if you have questions or difficulties.
- If you feel the patient is experiencing dangerous symptoms, take them to the nearest emergency room.