Here’s what you can expect after your procedure as well as precautions to take to ensure your comfort and safety.
The first 24 hours:
- You may be very sleepy, but feeling alert is also normal. Either way, be prepared to rest for a few days.
- You will need to remain in the company of a friend or family member (see “Caretaker instructions”).
- You may feel a bit wobbly or have difficulty walking after being sedated.
- Do not operate a motorized vehicle, machinery or hazardous device.
- Do not go up/down stairs unattended.
- Drink plenty of fluids (read more about this in the “diet” section).
- Do not brush the surgical area (but you can brush any remaining natural teeth with a special post-operative toothbrush without paste).
- Do not rinse or use a Water Pik, as it could damage the surgical area.
- If you wear dentures, do not take them out (except for a brief rinse, if necessary).
- Call us if you have questions or difficulties 1-877-312-3229
- If you experience symptoms that warrant a physician and are unable to reach us, go to the nearest emergency room.